The Tool Library Project team’s next meeting is 7 pm, December 8, Tuesday evening, at the Uptown Espresso, corner of Caifornia and Edmunds/Erskine.
Beginning January, 2010, the Department of Neighborhoods will be using revised guidelines for the Neighborhood Matching Fund programs which make the application easier to use, and which change the dollar amounts involved for both citizen input (worth of an hour of citizen time goes up to $20/hr from $15/hr) and for the upper limit for some of the smaller programs (small grants now allow up to $20,000).
It’s baaaccckkkk! CoolMom’s 2nd Annual Toy Swap’n’Sale!
Get ready for a really big show at the Fauntleroy Church, 9140 California Ave. SW (Barton & California), right across from the Fauntleroy School.
Jumpstart your holiday shopping, save money, and lower your carbon footprint. Help the West Seattle CoolMoms tread lighter on the planet this holiday season and raise funds for three very deserving organizations (CoolMom, WestSide Baby, and Family Works). There also will be information on how to make your holiday greener.
Three things need to happen to make it an even bigger success this year:
- Spread the word, go to http://www.coolmom.org/assets/docs/saleFlyer_ws-web.pdf and download the flyer and post it throughout your neighborhood.
- Donate towards the event! Gently used toys and gear. Not only is your donation tax-deductible, but it also awards you a $5 credit at the sale
- Come to the sale and shop your heart out!
CoolMom has partnered with WestSide Baby and Family Works for this year’s Toy Swap ‘n’ Sale. Help these CoolMom communities tread lighter on the planet this holiday season and raise funds for three very deserving organizations.
CoolMom wants to help families reduce spending and their carbon footprint this holiday season. From Thanksgiving to New Years Day, household waste in the United States increases by more than 25%. By buying locally used toys instead of newly packaged toys purchased at several stores throughout the state or country, families can reduce their travel fuel consumption and reduce their impact on our recycling and landfill centers. Buying quality used toys also saves families money, which helps in these tough economic times.
How to Donate
- De-clutter and detach from all the unused toys and gear in that closet/garage.
- Bag up your items: toys, sports clothes and products, baby gear, etc. (no clothing or car seats)
- Donate your items at one of our 8 West Seattle locations before 4pm Wednesday, November 11
- Include your name on your donation bag (or on a slip of paper inside the bag)
- Receive a $5 credit towards your purchase on the day of the sale.
- Come to the sale, redeem your credit, and shop!