West Seattle Summer Fest and Sustainable West Seattle are pleased to announce this year’s line-up for the 4th Annual GreenLife Stage. The GreenLife Stage is sponsored by Alki Bike and Board and features 3 days of sustainability demonstrations. Topics include: Building with Reclaimed Materials; Backyard Beer Making; and Home Canning and Preservation. We are also excited to have performances of the highly acclaimed Illuminatio Dance on Friday and Sunday afternoons.
Sustainable West Seattle and the West Seattle Junction Association are pleased to announce that the application for the 2014 GreenLife section of West Seattle Summer Fest is now available online: https://oliverlittle.wufoo.com/forms/greenlife-2014-registration-form/
The mission of GreenLife is to to raise awareness and equip our community with tools, knowledge and capabilities to create a more sustainable West Seattle. We are looking for local businesses to showcase merchandise, products and services related to these goals.
Organizations, including many local non-profits, contributing to this Expo will provide information, demonstrations and products in these areas:
- Home gardens – grow your own food, capture your rain water
- Composting – how to do it in your kitchen or yard
- Permaculture – what is it and how your garden can be sustainable
- Bee keeping and honey – how to raise a hive and harvest the honey
- Backyard chickens – learn how to raise and keep them
- Community fruit harvesting – learn how you can help the Food Banks
- Puget Sound and local streams – learn how you can help clean them up
The application requires a $20 application fee. The tabling cost is $250 for commercial vendors and $75 for non-profit vendors. The application deadline is April 15th, but we usually fill up prior to this date so get your application in early.