King County Wastewater Division sent a notice this week stating that county contractors are beginning to build the underground storage tank across from Lowman Beach for the Murray Combined Sewer Overflow project. The tank will sit on top of the concrete slab poured in the tank area last week. Crews will work Saturday Dec. 20 to install rebar and build forms. The rebar will attach the tank to the slab. The forms will help shape the tank bottom. Saturday work hours will be 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Smaller concrete pours are scheduled for December 23 and December 29. About 10 trucks an hour will deliver concrete to the site each day — less than half the amount delivered daily last week for the slab. Concrete will be delivered to the site between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. Crews may continue working in the tank area after 6:00 pm if necessary. Haul routes will remain the same. These pours may be rescheduled if temperatures go below 40 degrees. Schedules updates will be provided as necessary.
No work will occur on December 25 or January 1 (see calendar at bottom for more information).
What to expect on pour days:
- Work from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. Work will continue past 6:00 pm if necessary;
- Crews working on the east side of Beach Dr. SW near Lowman Beach Park;
- Trucks parked on the 7000 block of Beach Dr. SW and Lincoln Park Way SW near Murray Ave. SW;
- No weekday parking in these areas:
- 7000 block of Beach Dr. SW;
- Lincoln Park Way SW between Murray Ave SW and Beach Dr. SW;
- Local and emergency access maintained on Beach Dr. SW and Lincoln Park Way SW;
- Considerable increased truck traffic entering and leaving the site during work hours;
- Flaggers will direct traffic along Beach Dr. SW and at the intersection of Beach Dr. SW and Lincoln Park Way SW;
- Traffic delays, heavy congestion near the site;
- East sidewalk of Beach Dr. SW closed between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
For more information call the 24-hour project information hotline: 206-205-9186