It wasn’t long ago that we were scratching the rust off our first donated shovel and tucking it into a small little closet up at SSCC. A year later, we’ve now got our own space, complete with a full tool storage facility and a 500 square foot, Community Workshop.
Over 230 members have joined up to use a collection that’s well over 1,000 tools by now. Somewhere along the way, we even managed to receive a few decent awards and a healthy bit of acknowledgment from both local and national media. Needless to say, it’s been a fun first year!
The best part is that we think it’s only getting better! If you haven’t stopped by The Tool Library yet, we’d love to see you sometime and hear your thoughts on what this community resource should grow into. From day one, the volunteers who started The Tool Library have always felt that, in order to be successful, The Tool Library simply needed to represent the interests of those good folks who showed up to play with it. Consider this your invitation!
1st Anniversary Schedule, June 11
- 10:00 am: Community Welcome with Coffee & Pastries
- 10:30-11:30am:Beyond the Basics: Power Tool Tips and Safety
- 11:30am-12:30pm: One-on-One Large Shop Tool Instruction
- 1:00pm-4:00pm:Fixers’ Collective, Inaugural Meeting
As part of The Tool Library’s 1st Anniversary Celebration, we’d also like to thank the community that made the last year so much fun by offering a few special deals on the use of the new Community Workshop. All specials include a safety class or free exam and a membership to The Tool Library.
- Open, Public Use: Saturdays 9am-2pm, Sundays 1-5pm (Hours will expand with Tool Library hours.) Sign up for one month, get the 2nd month FREE ($80 Value)
- Private Rental: Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm 10 hours for $250 ($320 Value); 20 Hours for $400 ($620 Value); 40 Hours for $700 ($1,220 Value)
If some Meetup members would like to share a package or get together to reserve the Workshop for private rental rather than work during the open, public hours, we are more than happy to accommodate! Keep in mind, though, that these offers are only good until the end of June. Let us know if you have any questions. See you soon.