This Saturday drop by the Tool Library, at the Horticulture Center, north end of South Seattle Community College, for another session of “Ask An Expert.”This interactive feature allows West Seattle neighbors to show up with any kind of question about their house, yard or other items where tool use is required and engage in friendly and informative discussions with members of West Seattle’s Green-Friendly contractor and building trades representatives.
On hand for this Saturday’s session, which is from 10:00 am through 12:00 noon, will be Eric Thomas from Solar Epiphany, Laura and Doug Elfline from Mighty House Construction and Josh Brincko of International Studio. Drop by and bring your questions – below are a few starter questions to get you thinking…
- How economically can I add solar electric or solar thermal;
- Can I insulate my house with non-toxic insulation and how does that work;
- How can I capture the run-off from my roof efficiently;
- Are thermal windows a good investment;
- Are green construction techniques more costly than regular methods?
While you’re there, check out a tool from the Tool Library. Also, if you have extra tools that you’re not using, consider donating them to the Tool LIbrary, Sustainable West Seattle is a 501(c)(3) non-profit which means your donations will be tax-deductible.