Join the Sustainable West Seattle and the West Seattle Nursery at GreenLife at Summer Fest, Living in the Green Lane, a Garden and Sustainability Expo special feature of this year’s West Seattle Summer Fest. Summer Fest draws over 30,000 people during the 3-day festival.
This year the West Seattle Summer Fest features a new special area for Gardening and Sustainability information, demonstrations and plant sales. Organizations, including many local non-profits, contributing to this Expo will provide information, demonstrations and products in these areas :
- Home gardens – grow your own food, capture your rain water
- Composting – how you can do it in your kitchen or yard
- Permaculture – what is it and how can your garden be sustainable
- Bee keeping and honey – how to raise a hive and harvest the honey
- Backyard chickens – learn how to raise and keep them
- Community fruit harvesting – learn how you can help the Food Banks
- Puget Sound and local streams – learn how you can help clean them up
The GreenLife, Living in the Green Lane, booths and demonstrations will be open and part of Summer Fest for all three days – Friday July 9, Saturday July 10, and Sunday July 11. Starting at 12 noon on Friday, and at 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday, the GreenLife organizations and vendors will be open in the Summer Fest Expo area at the southern end of California Avenue SW, just north of SW Edmunds St.