Statement from The Chief Sealth High School Walkway Improvement Project:
The Chief Sealth High School Walkway Improvement project was among 12 projects selected in late 2016 by the Levy to Move Seattle Oversight Committee for funding through the Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) Neighborhood Street Fund (NSF) program. The NSF program funds projects requested by the community.
The 2015 voter-approved Levy to Move Seattle includes $24 million to continue the NSF program over a nine-year period. Learn more about the program:www.seattle.gov/transportation/nsf.htm
Chief Sealth High School Walkway Improvement Project
The project will improve connectivity, walkability, and safety for residents and students who currently use two unimproved and overgrown paths on 25th and 26th avenues SW, between SW Trenton and SW Cloverdale streets. Project elements include:
- Two 10-foot wide asphalt walkways on 25th and 26th avenues SW running between SW Trenton St and the cul-de-sac to the north
- Pedestrian lights along the two paths
- Removal of overgrown vegetation and installation of new trees and plants where appropriate
- Possible new plaza space at 25th Ave SW and SW Trenton St, either defined by paint or constructed with concrete
Visit the project website to view the early design concept: www.seattle.gov/transportation/NSFChiefSealthWalkway.htm
This is the first phase of outreach and we’d like to hear from you! Email us by April 9 to let us know:
- What do you like about the design so far? Do you have any concerns?
- What would you like to see at the possible plaza area at 25th Ave SW and SW Trenton St? How would you want to use this space?
- What else would you like us to know about how you use this area? What improvements would you like to see?
- Do you have recommendations for how to keep people informed about the project?
This project is being designed in 2017, with construction scheduled for 2018. We’re committed to keeping you informed throughout the life of the project. We’ll keep you engaged as design begins and stay in touch throughout the year. Are you interested in joining the project’s email list? Click here to sign up!
Visit the project’s webpage at www.seattle.gov/transportation/NSFChiefSealthWalkway.htm to learn more.
Do you need information in another format?
We are designing and building a transportation project proposed by your neighbors to make it safer for people walking and biking and to strengthen community. To learn more about the project or request translations, call (206) 451-8191.
Estamos disenando y construyendo un proyecto de transporte propuesto por nuestros vecinos a fin de que sea mas seguro para que las personas caminen y monten bicicleta y asimismo fortalecer a la comunidad. Para obtener mayor informacion acerca del proyecto o para solicitar transporte llamar a: (206) 451-8191.
Chúng tôi đang thiết kế và xây dựng một dự án giao thông đề xuất bởi chính những người hàng xóm của quý vị nhằm làm cho việc đi bộ và đi xe đạp trở nên an toàn hơn và cộng đồng vững mạnh hơn. Để tìm hiểu thêm về dự án hoặc yêu cầu các bản dịch, hãy gọi (206) 451-8191.