Keep Your Pet Safe from Lawn Chemicals

Animals love to explore the outdoors and your pets will jump at the chance to chew and sniff their way around your garden. If you are conscious of the environment then your pet should stay safe, but be aware that it could eventually venture further afield. Chemicals sprayed on the lawn can be extremely harmful to pets, inducing symptoms of vomiting, drooling, diarrhea and breathing trouble among others. The chemicals may find their way onto your pet’s fur, which may seem harmless but there is still a risk your pet will ingest it while preening or cleaning themselves.

If these chemicals are ingested by your pet, their waste may reach the water system, harming you and others. It is important to dispose of waste appropriately to avoid this and stick to pet-safe products in your garden. Read on to find out more about how your pet could be affected by the chemicals used in your garden.

1 reply
  1. Stu Hennessey
    Stu Hennessey says:

    It seems pets are such a priority in our society. Maybe that concern for health and safety will transfer to a human concern. With the spread of various chronic ailments being connected to the pesticides and herbicides just think about your kids at play outdoors.

    Reply

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply