During the week of January 27, 2014, King County contractor crews will continue survey work around the project area and begin clearing the project site east of Lowman Beach Park to prepare for site stabilization activities in February.
Some of the survey work will occur in streets and sidewalks near the project sites. Traffic control personnel will be present to assist passage through the work areas and avoid congestion.
Crews will remove some trees, brush, underground tanks and building foundations from the eastern work area over the course of the week.
Crews will also install an entrance to the project site in Lowman Beach Park, spreading rock and grading within the fenced area.
This work supports the County’s project to build a one million gallon underground storage tank that will help keep sewage and polluted stormwater out of Puget Sound during storms.
What to expect
- Work hours will be weekdays from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Beach Drive and Lowman Beach Park remain open
- Increased activity and noise from both project areas
- Crews operating heavy equipment including excavators and dump trucks
- Traffic control personnel directing traffic during survey work in nearby streets
Please avoid accessing the project sites at all times. Pedestrians are encouraged to use Beach Drive’s western sidewalk to pass by the project sites.
FOR MORE INFORMATION