Seattle Department of Transportation Bicycle Master Plan Update was transmitted by Mayor Mike McGinn to Seattle City Council yesterday. SDOT says the plan is based on the vision that riding a bicycle is a comfortable and integral part of daily life in Seattle for people of all ages and abilities.
On the Bicycle Master Plan website you’ll be able to download the following sections of the plan:
- A reader’s guide that summarizes major changes in the Mayor’s recommended BMP as compared to the public review draft plan, which SDOT published in June;
- The new Recommended plan (by chapter);
- Recommended bicycle network maps; and the
The State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) determination for the Bicycle Master Plan will be published and posted to the BMP website on Monday, December 2. A 14-day comment period will follow and close on December 16, 2013.
Future dates to be aware of:
- Wednesday, December 4: SDOT presentation and discussion with the Seattle Bicycle Advisory Board
- Tuesday, December 10: SDOT presentation to City Council Transportation Committee
- Wednesday, December 11: Special meeting of the City Council Transportation Committee to take public input on the recommended plan
- Additional deliberations by City Council on the recommended plan will occur in early 2014; dates of subsequent meetings will be posted on the project website
For further information contact the Bicycle Master Plan folks at email@example.com