Crews will finish removing hazardous materials from all of the buildings on site at the Murray CSO Control Facility by August 24. Crews will also continue deconstructing and removing the buildings on the project site, starting from the south end of the site and working north. Crews will use trucks and containers adjacent to the project site to complete demolition activities. Removed materials will exit the area via Lincoln Park Way Southwest. This work will continue through September.
With demolition work in full swing, the project’s fencing has been extended to the east curb of Beach Drive Southwest, and . Beach Drive Southwest’s eastern sidewalk and parking are closed for the duration of the project. To protect public safety, pedestrians and bicyclists should use the sidewalk on the west side of Beach Drive until the site is cleared in September.
What to expect
- Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Access to Beach Drive Southwest will be maintained at all times.
- Lowman Beach Park will remain open.
- Project fencing extending over the sidewalk to the east curb of Beach Drive Southwest to maintain public safety.
- Beach Drive Southwest’s western sidewalk remains open for pedestrians and bicyclists .
- Increased noise and activity typical of a construction site.
- Heavy equipment including trucks, excavators, and construction containers operating on and around the project site.
- No parking along the eastern side of Beach Drive Southwest and both sides of Murray Avenue Southwest through the end of September.
- Increased truck traffic on nearby streets.
The existing structures on the Murray CSO Control Facility site must be removed before construction of the new storage facility begins in late 2013. The facility will help protect Puget Sound by storing sewage and polluted stormwater during storms to prevent overflows out of the regional sewer system into the water off of Lowman Beach Park.
For more information: Call the 24-hour project information hotline: 206-205-9185