Interested in making a positive impact on your community? Do you bike to work or with your family? Have you rediscovered your love of bicycling? Join Cascade Bicycle Club as a Bicycle Ambassador! You’ll be working to increase the public awareness of the Club, bicycling programs, and safety issues.
As an Ambassador, you’ll:
- Attend city and county events on bicycles to educate and to spread information about safe bicycling and bicycle commuting;
- Distribute bicycling information to city residents by bike;
- Help staff summer bicycle events (bike safety rodeos for kids, fairs, community events, helmet sales), set up “Bike to Market” information tables and facilitate “Energizer Stations” to support, encourage and engage bicyclists;
- Pass feedback on to Cascade so we can continue to better our work
Applicants must have;
- An outgoing personality, bicycling experience, and willingness to initiate conversations with people regarding safety and beginning to ride;
- Knowledge of safe bicycling and cycling in Seattle desirable.
Training and some equipment provided. See http://www.cbcef.org/ride-ambassadors.html for more information about our program.
The Ambassador job involves 10 to 15 hours of work a week, and applicants must be able to work at least one weekend day and two days per week through summer.
The training for the program begins in March and the position and the position runs mid-April through Aug. 30. These are paid positions.
To apply, email resume and cover letter by February 6 to Serena Lehman: email@example.com, or mail copies of resume and cover letter to Serena Lehman at
Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation
7400 Sand Point Way NE, Suite 101S
Seattle, WA 98115