Bus Transit, Tunnel Construction, and More! Join Sustainable West Seattle for our October Community Forum, Monday, October 15, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at West Seattle Senior Center, 4217 SW Oregon St., around the corner from California-Oregon intersection, upstairs.
Join us for an evening’s discussion of the changes afoot for transportation in and connecting West Seattle. The evening will include presentations and open dialog on:
- The new RapidRide service (RapidRide C)and other route changes Metro will have in place affecting West Seattle;
- Effects of the continuing Alaska Way Viaduct work on the West Seattle, our southern neighbors, and the rest of the city;
- A Study of High Capacity Transit from downtown to Ballard and the implications for rail access to West Seattle;
- The condition of West Seattle thoroughfares and the multiple visions for Fauntleroy Way, Delridge Way and California Avenue.
Our panel includes:
- Seattle Council Transportation Chair Tom Rasmussen;
- King County Exec. Transportation Advisor Chris Arkills;
- Metro Director of Service Development Victor Obeso;
- Seattle Transit Blog Editor-in-Chief Martin Duke; and
- Director of Seattle Department of Transportation Peter Hahn.