The Sustainable Ballard November Monthly Gathering, November 28, from 6:30 to 9:00 pm at the Sunset Hill Community Club, 3003 NW 66th St., will feature their 2011 Annual Holiday Barter Fair in collaboration with Backyard Barter
This is a Sustainable Ballard Tradition! Come get to know your neighbors! Sustainable Ballard and Backyard Barter are pleased to host an evening of community and food. Enjoy a potluck dinner and barter!
- 6:30-7:30 set up, check out other people’s stuff and eat dinner.
- 7:30-9:00 get your barter on!
What to bring:
- homemade or homegrown food
- homemade crafts
- an offer of labor/skill/mentorship in the garden or kitchen
- your Thanksgiving leftovers or holiday goodies for the potluck
- please bring your own dishes this month for the potluck
What not to bring:
- store-bought items
Let’s prepare for the Holidays by trading our professional and homespun goods and services!
Do you have a something that you like to make for your friends and family at holiday time? (Candles, sweet treats, jewelry, sewn or knitted items, potted plants, etc.) Make some extra and bring it to the barter fair!
Can you provide a service that would make a great gift? (Cooking, cleaning, petsitting, haircuts, design, accounting, etc?) We’ll provide some gift certificates to fill in and offer in trade for stuff.
Find special treasures, and learn about your neighbors special skills. It’s fun and profitable! Get a great jump on your holiday shopping.