When Metro launches the new RapidRide C (West Seattle) and D (Ballard) lines in September 2012, Metro will be changing existing bus service to improve the transit system and provide more connections to jobs, schools, and other destinations in Seattle, Shoreline, Burien, Tukwila, SeaTac, and Des Moines. Now is the time for the community to review Metro’s system improvement concepts and share their ideas.
Metro will be hosting a number of public meetings, community partner conversations, and information tables throughout November to get feedback on proposed system improvement concepts in Burien, Des Moines, West Seattle, White Center, South Park, Beacon Hill, Rainier Valley, University District, South Lake Union, Ballard, Queen Anne, Magnolia, Fremont, Greenwood, Shoreline, and other neighborhoods and communities.
More detailed information and a survey will be online after October 21, at www.kingcounty.gov/metro/haveasay..
There are also a series of public meetings to discuss these changes and to solicit your input. Join Metro for an open house and stick around to share your feedback in a facilitated conversation.
Metro Open House dates and locations:
- Wednesday, November 2 – Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., 12:00-2:00 pm
- Thursday, November 3 – Adams Elementary School, 6110 28th Ave. NW, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, Noember 7 – Catharine Blaine Elementary, 2550 34th Ave. W, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 9 – Chief Sealth High School, 2600 SW Thistle St., 6:30-8:30 pm
- Monday, November 14 – Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St., 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 15 – South Park Neighborhood Center, 8201 10th Ave. S, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Thursday, November 17 – Madison Middle School, 3429 45th Ave. SW, 6:30-8:30 pm
For more information, contact DeAnna Martin, Community Relations Planner, King County Department of Transportation, 206-684-1142 or DeAnna.Martin@kingcounty.gov.