Seattle Parks and Recreation and the Associated Recreation Council are seeking your input on ways to improve the Community Center experience. Talk with Parks and Recreation and Associated Recreation staff and neighbors about your ideas to build community relationships. Share your voice on the hours and programs you would like to see at your local community center given the new staffing model set out in the proposed 2012 City budget.
You can find more information on the proposal here: http://seattle.gov/parks/centers/operations.htm.
Parks will be using a World Café format and the public will have an opportunity to
- Explore community priorities;
- Identify what Parks should prioritize;
- Identify what Parks should continue to do;
- Identify what Parks should stop doing;
- Identify what the public can do.
Meetings will occur at these West Seattle area Community Centers:
- Southwest Community Center, 7:00 pm Thursday, October 20
- 2801 SW Thistle St., 206-684-7438
- Hiawatha Community Center, 6:30 pm Tuesday, October 25
- 2700 California Ave. SW, 206-684-7441
- Delridge Community Center, 7:00 Thursday, October 27
- 4501 Delridge Way SW, 206-684-7423
- High Point Community Center, 7:00 pm Monday, November 7
- 6920 34th Ave. SW, 206-684-7422
- Alki Community Center, 7:00 pm Wednesday, November 9
- 5817 SW Stevens St., 206-684-7430
For more information contact Tim Pretare,Acting Senior Recreation Coordinator,Central Community Centers,Seattle Parks and Recreation, 206-233-1500 (office), 206-619-9504 (cell), 206-684-7229 (fax). Also check out the the Associated Recreation Council at www.arcseattle.org.