The Network for Business Innovation and Sustainability is hosting a Green Bag Lunch Forum on “A Sustainable Economy? How are consumers and producers changing purchasing decisions & product design?” on September 27, beginning at 12:00 pm and going to 1:30 pm. The doors open at 11:30 am. Cost is $23 person with lunch included and NBIS members receive a 15% discount at registration with member code. To register go to http://ecoconsumer.eventbrite.com
Location for the Green Bag luncheon is at the The Arbor Group UBS Financial Services, Inc. 925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000.
Join NBIS and The Arbor Group for an interactive discussion between market research specialists and product designers on influences and research affecting product design. Learn what market research is revealing about consumer choices and values and how product designers are both responding to and influencing consumer choices. Is this consumer-designer dance moving toward a sustainable economy?
- Moderator: Jen Pennington: CEO, Rhizome Design & Images, NBIS Board of Directors, Editor-Ecozome Journal
- Panel Featuring:
- Matt O’Laughlin, K2, Senior Ski Design Engineer; Chair of Sustainability Action Team at K2 Sports;
- Sarah George, Pacific Market International, Industrial designer with background in design for the environment and cradle-to-cradle approaches;
- Kathy Cox, President, Marketing Philharmonic, Puget Sound chapter of the American Marketing Association;
- Karen Stockert, Qualitative Research Specialist, Independent consultant, formerly with The Hartman Group