The Northwest Environmental Training Center is holding a course on State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Basics and Beyond, on August 24th, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at their Issaquah location. Cost for the course is $150.
The basic overview section is designed to provide participants with a general overview of the purpose of SEPA, the procedural requirements of the SEPA rules, and how SEPA can be used in decision-making.
The instructors are Annie Szvetecz and Neil Aaland, AICP. For more information on the course, click here.
Participants will learn how to:
- Determine when SEPA environmental review is required
- Evaluate a proposal and make a threshold determination
- Issue SEPA documents
- Provide public notice
- Consider comments
- Use SEPA supplemental authority to condition or deny a proposal
Who should attend?
- Beneficial agency staff, tribes, attorneys and consultants
- Members of environmental organizations and interested citizens