The Seattle Economics Conference, Climate Solutions, the Washington Clean Techonology Alliance, and Sightline are sponsoring the Pacific Northwest Carbon Pricing Conference at the University of Washington Health Sciences, Room T439.
What do Rex Tillerson (CEO, Exxon Mobil), Michael Bloomberg, James Hansen, and T. Boone Pickens have in common? They all support carbon pricing. Come learn more about carbon pricing in this one-day conference.
The Conference Mission is: To convene a diverse group of concerned citizens, business and labor leaders, elected officials, students, and scholars to learn about and discuss carbon pricing as a strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and drive clean energy development. Topics include:
- Successful case studies, such as British Columbia’s revenue-neutral “tax shift.”
- Ongoing efforts towards carbon pricing in the U.S., such as the Western Climate Initiative and California’s cap-and-trade system.
- Political and technical challenges and opportunities for carbon taxes in the Northwest
(Presentations will be balanced with time for questions, dialogue, and networking).
The Conference Keynote Speakers Are:
- U.S. Representative Jim McDermott
- Kimberly Harris, CEO, Puget Sound Energy
- Todd Myers, Washington Policy Center
- Cliff Mass, UW Atmospheric Sciences Professor
- Yoram Bauman, World’s First & Only Stand-Up Economist