West Seattle Be Prepared, the West Seattle emergency preparedness organization, is launching a new training an education series with the intent of making West Seattle citizens the most educated, well-trained and most prepared community.
- Deb Ticknor, Red Cross Readiness Manager, will explain how the Red Cross responds to local disasters;
- David Shannon, Distaster Education Program Manager, has an interactive disaster preparedness presentation for individuals and families;
- CPR (CardioPulmonary Resuscitation) and First Aid techniques and training will be demonstrated
The training and demonstrations will take place at the Senior Center of West Seattle, on SW Oregon St. around the northeast corner of California Ave. SW, at 4217 SW Oregon St.
Some of the issues the series hopes to help you answer include:
- Are you prepared to survive without any city services for three-plus days?
- Are you trained to be able to help others after a disaster:
- Do you know what the Seattle Fire Department will do after a disaster?
- Are you familiar with the response plans of the Office of Emergency Management, Seattle Police Department, the Red Cross and King County Health?
For questions and more information, contact Debora Greer at email@example.com, or by phone at 206-856-5147.