If you do one thing this legislative session, join the Environmental Priorities Coalition for Environmental Lobby Day February 15th!
Your legislators in Olympia need to hear from you about the importance of making smart decisions that even in these hard times will protect our public health, economic future, and quality of life in Washington. They need to hear first-hand that the people of Washington care about having clean air to breathe, clean water to drink and a safe environment for ourselves and our children. Join us on February 15th and make your voice heard.
This year, we’ve made it easier than ever for you to travel to Olympia to get this done. We are offering bus transportation from Vancouver, Olympic Peninsula (Port Townsend/Silverdale/, Central Sound (Seattle/Bellevue), and North Sound (Bellingham/Mt. Vernon/Everett) to Olympia and back home.
Environmental Lobby Day
- When: February 15th, 2011, from 8:45 am – 6:00 pm. And make sure to join us at an extra special post Lobby Day reception (4:00 – 6:00 pm) as we celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Priorities Coalition partner organization People For Puget Sound.
- Where: Olympia
- Who: You and hundreds of other people who also care about the environment.
Pre-Registration is required this year and closes on February 11th. Registration fee $20. Day of registration is $25. Includes all breakfast, lunch, materials, appointments and the receptions!
Click this link to Register for Environmental Lobby Day.
During Environmental Lobby Day, you will:
- Learn about the issues: Get briefed by experts on all four environmental priorities.
- Attend lobbying trainings: Learn the tricks of the trade from top environmental lobbyists.
- Meet face-to-face with your legislators: Put your knowledge into action in a face to face meeting with your legislator.
- Attend an important committee hearing on the Capitol campus.
- Eat well, with a continental breakfast and catered lunch.
For more information contact Craig M. Benjamin, Communications Director, Environmental Priorities Coalition, via email Craig_M._Benjamin_Environmental_@mail.vresp.com