What’s the History of Blockwatch in West Seattle? Are you part of the history? Do you know part of the history?
The January West Seattle Block Watch Captains Network meeting will be held Tuesday, January 25, 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the SW Precinct, 2300 SW Webster Street (adjacent to the Home Depot), and will feature retiring West Seattle Crime Prevention Coordinator Benjamin Kinlow.
The topic of the January meeting is focused on the history of block watch in West Seattle. Benjamin Kinlow who has many years of experience in blockwatch will recount stories of how things used to be, how they have evolved and will talk about some highlights of his career.
Everyone in West Seattle who has participated in blockwatches over the years can come say goodbye to Benjamin, hear about the history of blockwatch and bring their blockwatch stories to share. If you have stories relating to working with Benjamin and how he has helped you with your blockwatch it would be great to send him off to retirement with a few stories he might have forgotten!
The Blockwatch Captains are trying to round up historical memorabilia and/or photos of blockwatch history in West Seattle that we could scan and put in a slide show so if you have something please get in touch via email at email@example.com or call 206-424-0040 and leave a message.
Blockwatch Captain January Meeting Agenda
- 6:00 to 6:30 pm Socializing and networking during setup
- 6:30 to 7:00 pm West Seattle Block Watch Captain Network news and updates, crime prevention tip of the month
- 7:00 to 8:00 pm History of Blockwatch in West Seattle with Benjamin Kinlow
- Open forum for sharing historical information, blockwatch stories and thanking Benjamin.
- 8:00 to 8:30 pm Socializing & networking during teardown.