The City of Seattle is soliciting feedback and input from the public on the Seattle Nightlife Initiative. Please spend a few minutes filling out this survey and express your thoughts.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/seattlenightlifeinitiative. The initiative includes the following elements:
- Code compliance enforcement – Develop an assistance and enforcement strategy with nightlife businesses.
- Flexible liquor service hours – Develop a proposal for flexible liquor service hours.
- Noise ordinance enforcement – Adopt streamlined noise ordinance rules targeting chronic offenders.
- Security training requirements – Require regular SPD security training classes as part of the state’s Nightclub Liquor License approval and renewal.
- Precinct community outreach – Regularly scheduled precinct community outreach with nightlife businesses and residents.
- Professional development – Develop and encourage the adoption of best practices for nightlife businesses.
- Late-night transportation alternatives – Create accessible and safe late-night transportation options.
- Targeting public nuisances – Create a city ordinance to allow Seattle Police greater ability to manage patrons of nightlife establishments contributing to public nuisances, disturbances and disorderly conduct.