The public is invited to attend an open house for the proposed Dexter Ave N separated bike lanes. This project would impact pedestrians and transit users by creating in-lane bus stops and effectively shortening the pedestrian crossings.
PROJECT OPEN HOUSE – Tuesday, June 29th, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm, at Seattle Center Center House, Conference Room A. You may also email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-684-7583. Come to the project open house to learn more, view design plans, provide feedback and chat with the project team. Drop in at a time that’s convenient for you.
To improve conditions for all users, The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is planning changes along Dexter Avenue N between Mercer Street and Nickerson Street in 2011. This project is part of the “Bridging the Gap” transportation levy approved by Seattle voters.
This project will improve the pavement condition by repaving the street. As part of the repaving project, SDOT is proposing the following changes:
- Install a parking-protected buffered bike lane on each side of the street
- Remove the two-way left turn lane
- Provide dedicated left-turn lanes at busy intersections
- Provide dedicated load zones for businesses that need them
- Provide in-lane bus stops to improve transit speed and reliability
- Install dedicated bus islands