The King County Food and Fitness Initiative (KCFFI) is seeking a .70 Program Manager. The goal of the KCFFI is to support healthy eating and active living among vulnerable children and their families by promoting environments that support healthy behaviors. KCFFI is funded by the W. K. Kellogg Foundation. The Program Manager has primary responsibility and decision making authority for managing the implementation of KCFFI’s Community Action Plan (CAP).
- Stewarding and overseeing the CAP activities,
- Representing KCFFI in policy development and implementation activities,
- Coordinating and integrating activities of collaborating agencies and organizations including program evaluation,
- Monitoring the performance of subcontractors,
- taffing the coalition leadership and facilitating meetings.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in a related field including at least one (1) year of supervisory experience; four (4) years project management experience or other experience bringing diverse people together to achieve a common goal (including supervision, budget management, work plan development and monitoring, contract administration, etc.); experience in strategic planning; experience and competence in working in cross-cultural settings with people from diverse economic and racial/ethnic/linguistic backgrounds; proven ability to organize and manage participatory coalitions.
Salary $3000 – $3,500 per month DOE. This position is currently funded through October 2010 and may continue upon renewed funding. Additional funding may increase this position to 1.0 FTE. Position closes on 5/7/2010. For full description of position requirements and to apply visit www.wsujobs.com. Applications must include a resume, cover letter and one professional letter of recommendation. WSU is an EO/AA Educator and Employer.
- Go to www.wsujobs.com
- Click on “Search Postings” on the left.
- In the Location field select “Other” from the drop down menu. The position is listed as “Manager” at WSU King County Extension.
- Complete the application on line and attach a
- Cover Letter
- One professional letter of
For questions, contact Maggie Anderson (KCFFI Program Coordinator) at 206-205-3186 or Martha Aitken (Director, King Co. Extension Youth and Healthy Living Programs) 206-205-3210.