Join Sustainable West Seattle and other community groups this Saturday at West Seattle Nursery to enjoy some complimentary appetizers, espresso, and listen to an array of great speakers. The newly-established West Seattle Tool Library will also be on hand and eager to accept any donations of tools you might like to contribute to this exciting community resource.
In support of the Tool Library project, West Seattle Nursery will offer all customers a full-day, 20% discount coupon on all regularly priced purchases to anyone who makes a tool donation. Just drop your tools off at Sustainable West Seattle’s information table to receive your coupon. There are only two requirements: the tools need to be in working order and cannot be gas-powered. Other than that, The Library would love to help you clean out your garage and put some dormant tools to good use in your community!
We look forward to seeing you there! If you any questions or comments for the West Seattle Tool Library please feel free to send them to email@example.com, or visit the “Get Involved” (sustainablewestseattle.org/get-involved/) section of the SWS website for more information. See you Saturday!West Seattle Nursery Open House
Schedule of Speakers http://westseattlenursery.com/pdf/2010-04-10-open-house-info.pdf
- Permaculture – *11:00 am to 12:00 pm Michael Ryan, Dean of South Seattle Community College’s Horticulture Department will talk about SSCC’s exciting new Permaculture Department and show us how to optimize sustainability in our own gardens.
- Square Foot Gardening – *12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Karen Connelly of Squareganics will show us how to use the Square Foot Gardening Method.
- Urban Chickens – *1:00 pm-2:00 pm Our very own Connie Wurm will show us how to Raise Chickens in the City. Lee Ried of Coop du Jour will demo her custom made chicken coops.
- Orchids – *2:00 pm-3:00 pm You saw him at the NW Flower & Garden Show and now he’s coming here. Joe Grienauer from Emerald City Orchids will show you how to grow beautiful blooming orchids!
Other Groups Attending:
- The West Seattle Wildlife Habitat Project,
- Sustainable West Seattle
- West Seattle CoolMom