From bugs to birds of prey, discover nature in the city!
Bring the whole family to enjoy:
- A tour of the Magnuson Park wetland, before the event at 9 a.m.
- A free concert by Caspar Babypants, (Chris Ballew, also of the Presidents of the United States), who performs “simple good time sing along music for kids and parents to enjoy together.”
- Birds of prey from the Woodland Park Zoo’s UP CLOSE program, which provides programs with live animals and keepers for classroom visits.
- A representative of the marine mammal division of NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration), who will talk about seals and whales.
- Interactive booths and displays including Seattle Bug Safari, which keeps a bug zoo and provides education workshops at schools; Bats Northwest, and the Washington Native Plant Society.
- Roving Reptiles, with their slithery collection of snakes, lizards, and more.
- Art and nature activities, including a worm bin, nature crafts, a recycle art workshop, and a class on how to create a bird-friendly garden.
- Nature-themed carnival games with nature-related prizes,
Seattle Parks’ partner sponsor, EarthCorps, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to build global community through local environmental service. An AmeriCorps affiliate, EarthCorps trains young adults in best practices for conservation and how to lead volunteers. For more information, please see http://www.earthcorps.org/[mappress]