Join WSDOT/SDOT/KCDOT/Port of Seattle for a corridor hearing and series of open houses this month. They want your input about the proposed change to the route of SR 99 in downtown Seattle from the Alaskan Way Viaduct along the waterfront. They have studied five different routes for the proposed bored tunnel, and will continue to study the latest proposed bored tunnel alignment along with the elevated structure and cut-and-cover tunnel as part of the environmental review process.
At the corridor hearing on April 22, program staff will give a brief presentation about the proposed changes to the SR 99 alignment. The public will be encouraged to provide written comments or oral comments to a court reporter. Presentations will not be given at the April 27 and 28 open houses, but you will be able to review the hearing exhibits, meet with program staff, and learn about other program details.
The corridor hearing and open houses will be held at the following locations:
- Corridor hearing and open house – Pioneer Square – 5:00 – 7:00 pm, Thursday, April 22 at the Silver Cloud Inn-Stadium – 1046 First Ave. S.
- Open house – West Seattle – 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Tuesday, April 27 at Madison Middle School, Commons – 3429 45th Ave. SW
- Open house – Ballard – 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Wednesday, April 28 at Ballard High School, Commons – 1418 NW 65th St.
If you are unable to attend the hearing or open houses, you may also submit comments by mail or e-mail. Comments for the corridor hearing must be submitted by May 13, 2010, to help ensure they are considered. Written comments regarding the proposed changes to the SR 99 alignment should be sent to:
- Alaskan Way Viaduct and Seawall Replacement Program, C/O Ryan Bianchi, 999 Third Ave., Suite 2424, Seattle, WA 98104
- Comments may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.