If you have an interest in creating a new sustainable resource here in West Seattle, please attend the next Tool Library planning meeting at Uptown Espresso (map below) this Tuesday, March 23rd at 7pm. If you can’t attend and have questions or if you’d like to volunteer, please contact Gary Lichtenstein at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Currently, the Tool Library is seeking volunteers who would like to help:
- Design the official tool library logo;
- Design tool library T-shirts & other promotional items;
- Assist with an ongoing professional documentary;
- Organize community outreach events;
- Create & coordinate community-based tool drives;
- Create & Coordinate Tool Library workshops;
- Coordinate Tool Library field support of community organizations;
- Communicate with potential community partners;
- Refurbish & maintain tool donations;
- Establish a marketing and public relations strategy;
- Establish a development plan for the Tool Library’s future;
- Create an environmental recycling & repurpose plan for the handling of unwanted tools; or
- Serve on the Tool Library Steering Committee.
It’s a long list. But feel free to let us know how we can make room for you. We would love to have you involved!
Uptown Espresso near Alaska Junction (4301 SW Edmonds Street) in West Seattle: