The City of Seattle brings you GoGreen ’10 SEATTLE – cultivating sustainable business, a day-long conference on Wednesday, April 21st, at Olive8, 1635 8th Avenue Seattle, Washington, 98101. The conference begins at 8:30 am and concludes at 4:30pm with a Networking Cocktail Reception.
GoGreen ’10 SEATTLE, is a one day conference that will inspire, motivate and educate you on how to take your business (established, new or not yet formed) to the next level of sustainability. Spend a value-packed day learning from our amazing speaker line-up, 45 of the top sustainable business leaders who are eco-visionaries, experts and like-minded individuals. Connect, discuss and engage with our speakers and attendees while gathering actionable next steps to sustainability for your business. Prepare to be inspired!
- KC Golden/Policy Director, Climate Solutions – KC was named one of Seattle Magazine’s Power 25 most influential people, and it’s #1 Eco-Hero. As Policy Director for Climate Solutions, a regional “do-tank” he helps to pioneer practical and profitable solutions to global warming. KC helped launch the program to make Seattle City Light the first large electric utility producing no net carbon. He has also served as Energy Policy Director for the State of Washington, and is a former Executive Director of the Northwest Energy Coalition.
- Mark Perry/Director, Product Planning and Strategy, Nissan Americas – Mark’s teams are responsible for Versa, Sentra, Altima, Altima Coupe, Maxima, Quest and the Electric vehicle programs, PLUS cross carline strategic adoption of emerging technology, powertrain and safety applications for Nissan and Infiniti. Mark leads the product planning teams to take approved vehicle concepts through development to launch and manages the product lifecycle.
- Sarah Severn Hunt/Director of Sustainable Business and Innovation, Nike Inc. – Sarah relocated in 1995 to Nike’s World Headquarters as Global Director of the Environmental Action Team. From 1995 to 2000 she led the company’s early efforts to integrate sustainability into the business, from operations through to product design and manufacturing. For the past 12 years she has lead Nike’s efforts around climate change and most recently has been working on Nike’s climate change advocacy strategy. She has a new role as a Director of Mobilization, focusing on collaboration and engagement as a core strategy for scaling up the business sustainability agenda.
- Sherri Flies/General Merchandising Manager, COSTCO Wholesale Corporation – After 15 years as Corporate Counsel, where she was responsible for Costcos legal issues related to merchandising, its vendor code of conduct, intellectual property, pharmacy, export, e-commerce and privacy, Sheri moved from legal into buying in order to learn how to incorporate sustainability practices into everyday buying decisions. Sheri’s teams support the development of Costco private label Kirkland Signature products in numerous categories including dairy, cooler, nuts, snacks, confectionary and chocolate. Sherri is involved with various Costco sustainability projects both domestically and internationally.
- The Most Impactful Sustainability Topics for Business
- Cutting-Edge Content via Live Case Studies from our Speaker Line-Up
- Meet Washington State’s Most Sustainable Businesses (Office of Sustainability & Environment 2010 Award Winners)
- Sustainable northwest cuisine by Olive8 Executive Chef Brent Martin
- Networking Cocktail Reception featuring complimentary beer and wine
- 7:30 am Early Morning Tweet-Up | Connect with fellow social media users and get fueled for a day of Tweeting, Facebooking and blogging! (coffee, tea and morning goodies provided)
Early Bird Registration Rates until April 1st. Reserve your spot today! $175 Full Day Admission and $150 Full Day Admission for groups of 2 or more, Ask about the special Community Partner, Non-Profit and Student Rates to attend. Sustainable West Seattle members save $25 when registering for GoGreen ’10 Seattle, use the Discount Code: SWS. Register online at seattle.gogreenconference.net or via phone at 206-450-4034.
There are two volunteer opportunities that can get you a FREE pass to the conference.
1. GoGreen ’10 Seattle Street Team
- 15-30 minute training headed by Street Team Leader/Guru Alex Cummings (meet at Olive8 lobby at 8:00 am on Thursday, February 25th)
- Distribute large stack of postcards (small stack in a prominent location at each place of business) and posters (please tape in front window) to businesses in downtown Seattle, surrounding metro (Ballard, Bainbridge, Greenlake, etc) and suburban areas (Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Bothell, etc)
- 4-6 hours of volunteer time will give you a comp ticket to attend GoGreen ’10 Seattle (full-day admission includes all food/drink + networking reception)
- More hours can give you more tickets, so please track and submit
- Please sign up for this option by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. GoGreen ’10 Seattle Event Team
- 30 minute training headed by Event Manager Mai Tram-Tran the morning of event (meet at Olive8 3rd Floor registration desk for training/overview at 7:00 am SHARP on April 21st, 2010)
- 4-6 hour shifts to work registration (check in attendees, hand out lanyards + program) and other event roles, as needed
- Please sign up for this option by emailing email@example.com