Where does your water come from? Where does it all go? Find out answers to these questions, learn tips to conserve water, and ways to protect Puget Sound!
The EOS Alliance is hosting a guided tour of the West Point Water Treatment Plant at Discovery Park to see what happens to all of those things we put down the drain. We’ll also learn about some the chemicals that wind up in the Puget Sound, how they get there, and what we can do to keep them out of the system.
There are a few groundrules:
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes early
- Dress for the weather; portions of the tour are outside.
- Wear closed-toe walking shoes – treatment plants are industrial facilities.
EOS will have:
- Professional guides to lead the group
- Presentation about the Cedar River Watershed
- Drinks and snacks to be had before we head outside
- Faucet aerators and low flow showerheads for all who attend
Registration is $10 (includes presentation, tour, water conservation devices, drinks and snacks) and can be accomplished here register online. Please register in advance. You may register via the link or by calling EOS Alliance at 206-762-2553.